The very first Financial Independence Week Europe was held in Budapest in July 2016. Here’s the post that started it all.
We wanted to get a small group of European FI bloggers together to:
- Get to know each other
- Brainstorm about what a larger FIWE event could look like from 2017 onwards
- See who wants to get involved in organising it and how
- Eat ourselves through the city
- Generally have great time with no fixed agenda
Accommodation: We picked a spot in central Budapest and all participants made their own accommodation arrangements in the area (Airbnbs and youth hostels). During the day we hung out in local cafés and restaurants and walked through the city.
Costs: FIWE is totally non-commercial. We organised it for fun and we didn’t want to make any money out of it. Everybody paid for their own accommodation, food, drinks etc.
- Brandon (Mad Fientist) from the US, currently living in Edinburgh, Scotland
- Oliver (Frugalisten), a German living in the UK
- Martin (Minimalist.cz), a minimalism blogger from the Czech Republic
- Jenny (Ex-Studentin) from the Stuttgart area, Germany
- Monika and Gisela, two of the writers behind Klunkerchen and authors of the books Finanziell Frei (financially free) and Finanzielle Freiheit (Financial Freedom) respectively, both living in Berlin, Germany
- Amber Tree Leaves from Belgium
- Natascha (Madame Moneypenny) living in Berlin, Germany
- Last but not least – us!
Blog Posts About FIWE 2016
- Mr. W: FIWE 2016 Actually Happened – How Did It Go?
- Mrs W: My Impressions from FIWE 2016
- Jenny: Reisetagebuch: FIWE 2016 in Budapest (German only)
- Monika: Wie lautet der beste Titel – ein Gewinnspiel! (German only)
- Amber Tree Leaves: Meeting other bloggers in fun