I created this post to put together all the information about Financial Independence Week Europe 2016.
If you don’t know what I’m talking about, you can read here what FIWE is all about.
Goals of FIWE 2016
We’d like get some European (and maybe a couple of non-European) FI bloggers together in a small group (maybe 10-15 people) to:
- Get to know each other
- Brainstorm about what a larger European FI week event could look like in 2017 and the coming years
- See who wants to get involved in organising it and how
- Eat ourselves through the city
- Generally have great time with no fixed agenda
When? Fri 22nd – Sun 24th July 2016
We should all aim to be there over that weekend since some of us probably won’t be able to stay for the whole week. However, we’re going to be there from Wed 20th – Wed 27th July. It would be great if as many of you as possible can be there for as much of the week as possible.
Where? Budapest, Hungary
Accomodation: We’ve picked a spot in central Budapest and everybody can make their own accomodation arrangements in the area. The idea is to book airbnbs/hotels close to each other. During the day we’ll hang out in local cafés and restaurants and walk through the city.
Costs: This is a non-commercial thing. We’re doing it for fun and we don’t want to make any money out of it. Everybody pays for their own accomodation, food, drinks etc. If we find a place where we can prepare some meals and eat together, we’ll just share the costs. Otherwise I think we’ll spend lots of time in some of the great food courts/restaurants of Budapest.
Participants for 2016
So far these bloggers have said they’d like to come:
- Brandon (Madfientist.com) from the US, currently living in Edinburgh, Scotland
- Ankur Garg (ankurgargsimplelife.wordpress.com), an Indian living in Munich, Germany
- Oliver from Frugalisten.de, a German expat living in the UK
- Martin from http://martindedinaen.flavors.me/, cloud consultant and minimalism blogger from the Czech Republic.
- Jenny (exstudentin.wordpress.com) from the Stuttgart area, Germany
- Monika, one of the writers behind Klunkerchen, and author of the book “Finanziell Frei” (financially free), Berlin, Germany.
- Amber Tree Leaves (ambertreeleaves.wordpress.com) from Belgium
- Last but not least us: Mr. & Mrs. W (whatlifecouldbe.eu), Stuttgart, Germany
We have a “maybe” from:
- Our Belgian FI blogger NoMoreWaffles.com
- Alexandra a.k.a Fräulein Zaster (sauerkrautundzaster.de), Berlin, Germany
- Nicola (thefrugalcottage.com) said a “very tentative maybe” (since she recently became a mum)
- Albert from Finanzwesir.com, one of the best German FI/financial blogs
If you blog or write about personal finance and/or FI/RE and you think this idea is cool and would like to participate, write to us and we’ll add you to the facebook group that has all the details!
We’ll update this post with new participants and details from time to time, so keep an eye on it especially if you’d like to be there!
Looking forward to it!