I created this post to put together all the information related to the 2016 Financial Independence Week Europe.
If you don’t know what I’m talking about, you can read here what FIWE is all about.
Goals of FIWE 2016
We’d like get some European (and maybe a couple non-European) FI bloggers together in a small group (maybe 10-15 people) to:
- Get to know each other
- Brainstorm about what a European FI week could look like in 2017 and the coming years
- See who wants to get involved in organising it and how
- Eat ourselves through the city
- Generally have great time with no fixed agenda
When? Fri, 22nd – Sun, 24th July 2016
We should all aim to be there that weekend since some of us probably can’t stay a week.
However, we’re going to be there a week between Wed, 20th and Wed, 27th July. It would be great if most of you can be there most of the week.
Location: Budapest, Hungary (details will follow)
Accomodation: We will soon pick a spot, fairly central in Budapest and then everybody can make their own accomodation arrangements in the area. The idea is to book airbnbs/hotels close to eachother. During the day we’ll hang out in local cafés, restaurants or walk through the city.
Costs: This is a non-commercial thing. We’re doing it for fun and we don’t want to make any money from it. Everybody pays for their own accomodation, food, drinks etc. If we find a place where we can prepare some meals and eat together, we’ll just share the costs. I think that would be great fun! Otherwise I think we’ll spend lots of time in some of the great food courts/restaurants of Budapest.
Participants for 2016
So far these bloggers have said they’d like to come:
- Brandon & Jill (Madfientist.com) from Edinburgh, Scotland
- Ankur Garg (ankurgargsimplelife.wordpress.com), Munich, Germany
- Oliver from Frugalisten.de, a german expat living in the UK
- Our belgian FI blogger NoMoreWaffles.com
- Martin from http://martindedinaen.flavors.me/, Cloud Consultant and minimalism blogger from the Czech Republic.
- Jenny (exstudentin.wordpress.com), from Stuttgart area, Germany
- Monika Reich is one of the writers behind Klunkerchen, and author of the book “Finanziell Frei” (financially free), Berlin, Germany.
- AmberTreeLeaves (ambertreeleaves.wordpress.com) from Belgium
- Last but not least us: Mr. & Mrs. W (whatlifecouldbe.eu), Stuttgart, Germany
We have a “maybe” from:
- Alexandra a.k.a Fräulein Zaster (sauerkrautundzaster.de), Berlin, Germany
- Nicola (thefrugalcottage.com) said a “very tentative maybe” (since she recently became a mum)
- Albert from Finanzwesir.com, one of the best german FI/financial blogs
If you blog or write about personal finance and/or FI/RE and you think this idea is cool and would like to participate, write to us and we’ll send you the Doodle link!
We’ll update this post with new participands and details from time to time, so keep an eye on it especially if you’d like to be there!
Looking forward to it!